Are you ready for a new challenge and eager to accelerate your growth by learning from the real telco, big data & analytics experts? Join one of the fastest growing Tech companies in Europe – Exacaster and be part of our exciting journey in Latin America! We are looking for an experienced Project Manager in Medellin, Colombia!
Exacaster is a Lithuanian (North of Europe) company with 10+ years of experience offering a full range of data services: from big data management & engineering to data-driven customer value management solutions, personalizing offers for 40 million consumers daily for the clients in Europe, USA, Central, South America and the Caribbean.
As the team we share our unique culture that is based on our core values: ownership, growth, open communication, meaningful relationships and customer obsession. Our company’s purpose “Empower others to use data for good and create impactful change” inspires and unites us to strive for a bigger goal.
You as a Project Manager for Colombia will be the first Exacaster’s representative in Latin America. Your main objectives for the first few years will be: to deliver Data Engineering projects for our existing client in Colombia, lead a newly built team (3-5 Data engineers) and ensure close collaboration with the Exacaster’s Data Engineering team in Lithuania. Besides, we see a great potential to grow in Colombia and Latin America (short / mid-term) through new clients’ acquisition and business opportunities identification that will create new development opportunities for you and the team.
About the project:
Exacaster’s Data Engineering team specializes in projects related to data preparation, transformation, and aggregation of large data at scale. We also run consultancy and infrastructure projects related to Data Management platforms. Our target technologies include on-prem projects with Hadoop stack and Cloud projects with Amazon services (AWS).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- In delivery:
- Lead and manage Colombia based data team
- Ensure high quality projects delivery on time, within budget and agreed scopes for our clients in Colombia and other LATAM operations
- Co-create relevant solutions by partnering with internal solutions architects, development teams
- Keep track of multiple projects health by using appropriate tools and techniques
- In operations:
- Ensure that delivered projects and solutions are maintained by providing on-going support services.
- Taking ownership of critical incidents and directly coordinating their resolution.
- In relationships and sales:
- Partner with internal Exacaster stakeholders such as management, HR team to ensure smooth know-how sharing and collaboration.
- Build trusted relationships with clients and external regional partners.
- Represent Exacaster in Colombia and LATAM and support regional sales efforts.
We are looking for:
- High sense of ownership and willingness to lead by example.
- Native Spanish and excellent English skills.
- Proven track record in Data / BI / IT project management.
- Technical knowledge in data management (Data Lake, Data warehousing, Infrastructure) or software development fields.
- Strong analytical thinking & excellent communication skills.
- University degree in IT / Statistics/ Math / Engineering or similar studies.
“Bonus points” for you:
- Telco industry knowledge.
- Previous experience in leading teams.
- Knowledge of analytics and technology (Tableau, Python, Spark, Hadoop, AWS Big Data platform).
- Experience in building SaaS.
- Monthly gross salary from 3000 USD to 4000 USD.
- Participation in the company’s stock options program.
- Benefits and Growth/ training budget (2000 USD/year).
- Every second Friday – 0,5 day dedicated for learning.
- Mindletic – the app for your mental & emotional health.
- Team building events.
- All the support you need from our international experienced team.