Exacaster is looking for system administrator/architect to join the team! You will work in one of the largest big-data environments in the Baltics where we personalize offers for 40 million consumers on a daily basis for the clients in Europe, USA, Central and South America.
Overall, we operate one of the largest Big Data environments in the Baltics and certainly have one of the most diverse sets of data and challenging analytical and IT infrastructure projects.
- Developing new solutions, improving and providing support for Exacaster owned and client-hosted Data Lake services, Exacaster products and Exacaster development/testing environment, internal systems;
- Building and supporting automated continuous integration and delivery solutions based on latest technologies and DevOps practices;
- Configure and use system monitoring tools and notification/alerting services;
- Participate in research, concept testing and usability testing to deploy new technologies.
- You have experience installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux/Unix servers;
- Hands-on experience of installing, configuring, maintaining and optimizing open source databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB/MySQL, Mongo)
- You are familiar with Hadoop Environments (preferably Cloudera) or have experience with administering any Data lake or DWH solutions
- Good understanding of computer networking, routing, DNS, VPN and firewall concepts;
- Server and application monitoring and alerting (preferably Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana);
- You have a good knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, or Jenkins;
- You feel the constant urge to automate everything;
- Understanding of the ITIL based support process;
- You have strong problem-solving skills;
- Good written and spoken English.
Bonus points if you:
- Previous experience in SaaS B2B web applications;
- Hands-on project experience to roll out complex systems on Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google or other well-established Cloud services platforms;
- You are the expert of Docker and Kubernetes and hands-on experience with container orchestration;
- You understand backup/recovery systems, development automation routines, storage area networks and virtualization;
- Knowledge of Active Directory or other LDAP-based service;
- You have a good understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in the software engineering process.
- Diverse and exciting challenges.
- All the support that you need from our experienced team to become an even better professional.
- Every second Friday free time dedicated to learning.
- Cosy office in the heart of Vilnius.
- And the most important thing – super smart & great team!
The salary for this position – 3600-7400 Gross.
Let’s have a talk over a coffee. :)
Send us an email with your LinkedIn profile or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org