Big Data! We were talking about it before anyone else, and we have started working with it before the actual term existed. If you want to dig deeper into this field, progress quickly in your career and become an advanced Data Engineer – you should definitely apply for Exacaster.
We are looking for a Junior Big Data Engineer in the Data Lake team.
We operate one of the largest big-data environments in the Baltics where we personalize offers for 40 million consumers on a daily basis for the clients in the Baltics, USA, Central, South America, and the Caribbean.
About the team and the role:
We do advanced solutions, and we’re expanding. Data Lake team specializes in projects related to data preparation, transformation, and aggregation in a large data scale.
We are talking about petabytes of data.
What do we do?
Our main challenge is to solve real business problems for our clients, leveraging Hadoop stack and cloud solutions such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, in addition to core data warehousing tools and other big data related technologies.
We use common data architecture practices to architect, design, and develop data/analytic platforms (e.g., data lakes, data warehouses,) that are used to produce analytic products, like reports, dashboards, ML models, etc.
What team member do we need?
We’re looking for motivated, collaborative team members who are passionate about technology and driven to get things done, and someone who embraces a continuous learner mindset.
What you will do:
- Prepare data for analytical uses
- Build data pipelines to pull together information from different internal or external data sources
- Work on code change requests
- Analyze and solve problems coming from our clients side based on data engineering topics
- Develop and support ETL processes
- Ensure Data Quality
We hope you have:
- Principal RDBMS knowledge.
- SQL knowledge.
- Basic understanding how data pipelines works (what ETL means).
- Knowledge or willingness to learn of at least one programing language from list:
Bonus points if you have:
- Hadoop/Spark/AWS knowledge.
- Diverse and exciting challenges.
- All the support that you need from our experienced team to become an even better professional.
- Participation in company’s stock options program.
- Personal learning budget (2000 Eur/year).
- Every second Friday free time dedicated to learning.
- Quarterly team-building events.
- And the most important thing – super smart & great team!
Salary for this position – from 1818 EUR to 2645 EUR Gross.
Sounds interesting? Write us! We’re going to support you during your growth.
Let’s have a talk over a cup of coffee! :) Send an email with your LinkedIn profile or CV to email@example.com.