Exacaster Data Operations team manages over 15 000 data processing pipelines that all together move and process many terabytes of data every day for large global enterprises in Europe, Latin America, USA and elsewhere. Our clients depend on the quality of data for accurate operation of upstream processes such as automated decisioning algorithms, machine learning, customer self-care statistics as well as management reporting. Ensuring that data is up to date and matches quality requirements is a critical component of our daily work.
Data Operations Leader is responsible for a team that accepts, operates, troubleshoots and adjusts Big Data processing pipelines in production across On-premise and Cloud environments for many customers.
You will ensure that periodic data processing as well as real-time streams run within agreed SLA. You will focus on improving control, management and resilience of the data processing pipelines under your responsibility, as well as resolve the day to day issues and preventing the issues from repeating.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervise data pipeline lifecycle management: acceptance, operation, changes, retirement;
- Manage received data incidents and tasks by reviewing, analyzing, delegating and following them up;
- Perform incident root cause analysis and design preventive measures;
- Carry out periodic status reviews with internal and external clients;
- Coordinate change requests and migrations;
- Manage the team day to day and track team performance KPI’s.
We are looking for candidates who have:
A Data warehousing or Systems Administration/IT support background.
Data warehousing background:
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL (Extract Transform Load) principles;
- At least 1 years of experience in building/supporting a data warehouse or ETL processes;
- Experience of working with different Big Data / BI (Business Intelligence) technology stacks, for example Microsoft, Oracle, Hadoop, AWS;
Systems administration or IT Support background:
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising a technical support team;
- Working knowledge of UNIX systems;
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with larger organisations.
- Excellent English skills and international working experience;
- Strong sense of ownership;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent time management;
- Strong analytical thinking;
Bonus points if you have:
- Spanish language knowledge;
- A university degree in Informatics / Computer Science or Analytics.
What do we offer?
- Diverse and exciting challenges;
- Stock options package;
- All the support that you need from our experienced team to become an even better professional;
- A fair salary that matches your knowledge and experience with bonuses based on performance;
- Personal learning and growth budget that you can spend to upgrade yourself even more, plus an experienced mentor;
- Every second Friday free time dedicated to fun, experiments and trying new things;
- The cozy office in the heart of Vilnius;
- And the most important thing – super smart & crazy team!
Let’s have a talk with a cup of coffee. Send us an email with your Linkedin or CV to email@example.com