Exacaster Data Engineering Projects team specializes in implementation of unique Big Data Engineering projects that have demanding scalability, performance, accuracy and security requirements.
Data Engineering Projects Leader is responsible for a technical team that analyses, designs and implements Data Engineering software pipelines across On-premise and Cloud environments for Exacaster external and internal customers. You will focus on performance, accuracy, cost effectiveness and maintainability of the developed data processing pipelines, as well as resolve any issues outside of standard data operations area zone of comfort for previously delivered projects.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Collect and analyze Data Engineering project requirements;
- Together with the team design an optimal solution;
- Plan and communicate to the client the technical implementation approach;
- Execute the delivery and hand over to the client;
- Coordinate major change requests for previously delivered data pipelines in production;
- Together with the team dictates the technology choices for a project;
- Supervise the team on a day to day basis;
- Track team and project KPIs.
- Creation of Data Lakes on premise or on Cloud based environments (primarily AWS);
- Creation of Data Warehouse solutions;
- Real time processing or realtime to batch.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A Data warehousing or Software Development support background.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL (Extract Transform Load) principles;
- At least 3 years of experience in building/supporting a data warehouse or ETL processes;
- At least 1 year of experience of working with Hadoop Big Data stack (Spark, Kafka, Python, Airflow);
- At least 1 year of experience of working with Data related AWS stack (EMR, Kinesis, Glue, S3, RDS);
- Good understanding of UNIX and distributed systems;
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising a development team;
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with project delivery for external clients (custom software).
- Fluent in Lithuanian and English;
- Strong sense of ownership;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent time management;
- Strong analytical thinking;
Bonus points if you have:
- Spanish language knowledge;
- A university degree in Informatics / Computer Science or Analytics.
What do we offer?
- Diverse and exciting challenges;
- Stock options package;
- All the support that you need from our experienced team to become an even better professional;
- A fair salary that matches your knowledge and experience with bonuses based on performance;
- Personal learning and growth budget that you can spend to upgrade yourself even more, plus an experienced mentor;
- Every second Friday free time dedicated to fun, experiments and trying new things;
- The cozy office in the heart of Vilnius;
- And the most important thing – super smart & crazy team!
Let’s have a talk with a cup of coffee. Send us an email with your Linkedin or CV to email@example.com