Exacaster provides managed Big Data infrastructure and customer value management software powered by Data Science so that companies can focus on the customer. We have been providing cutting edge big data solutions for global clients since 2010 and have accumulated significant experience in this area. Exacaster has been ranked among 50 fastest growing tech companies in Central Europe by Deloitte multiple times. With more than 500% revenue growth in last 3 years we can supercharge your career and provide an unparalleled environment for personal improvement and growth.
About Exacaster Data Engineering
Exacaster Data Engineering is an internal business unit which designs, implements and operates big data technology solutions for Baltic, European and global enterprises. It is an internal “startup” with its own profit & loss responsibility and an existing pipeline of customers & projects waiting to be developed further.
We operate both Cloudera Hadoop and public big data cloud solutions, design data collection and processing pipelines that are robust, resilient, privacy compliant in the age of GDPR and meet SLAs. Our solutions are used by data scientists, business intelligence and automated decisioning systems which need high quality data regardless of volume or complexity.
Exacaster Data Engineering unit consists of autonomous engineering teams we call Squads. Each Squad is independent and decides its’ own working methods, principles and rules in pursuit of squad objectives.
About the Exacaster Data Engineering Director Position
We are looking for an experienced executive leader with an IT or BI management experience who can drive the growth of Data Engineering business line at Exacaster. You will be managing a team of 10+ people and growing it further in line with the market opportunities. As a Director you will be responsible for the overall operations, revenue & cost of the Data Engineering Unit and sit on Exacaster Executive Board.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop and execute business unit strategy in terms of service & product capabilities;
- Be responsible for overall business unit P&L. Prepare and execute quarterly financial plans for the business unit;
- Supervise major project implementation & delivery, client relationships on senior level;
- Together with the unit leadership make hiring / firing and organisational structure decisions for the unit;
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing function to position the unit in the market and execute the sales strategy;
- Participate in executive sales pitches, negotiates major customer contracts;
- Support and supervise squad leads, solution architects.
As a member of Exacaster Executive Board you will:
- As part of Exacaster Board you will represent the Data Engineering business unit needs and interests and also contribute to the overall company management. Your input and experience will influence major decisions relating to the strategic and operational management of the company.
- As a leader of the Data Engineering business unit you will execute the company strategy within the unit and ensure organisational development of the unit; achieve financial, customer and team satisfaction KPIs. You will drive the quarterly planning process, initiate strategic adjustments as needed, implement functional KPIs & adjust processes in the unit.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Significant experience of managing people & teams (5+ years in the Baltics or internationally in a management position);
- Experience in managing a technical function such as CTO / CIO / IT / Software development / Business intelligence;
- Excellent English skills and international working experience;
- Excellent people & communication skills;
- Ability to travel at least 1 week per month;
- Ability to work full time in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience of startup / fast paced growth management;
- Experience of providing technical consultancy services;
- Experience of work in telecommunications, retail sector
- Experience of work at an IT supplier with client relationship management.
- A competitive executive compensation package tied to business unit performance;
- Stock options program to share in long term value creation;
- An informal & friendly atmosphere;
- A highly talented and motivated specialist team;
- Large, challenging projects with major clients;
- An opportunity to grow an internal startup into a major business.
Interested? Let’s have a talk over a coffee. :) Send us an email with your LinkedIn profile or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org