Exacaster’s team is looking for a Data Engineer in the Data Lake team.
We operate one of the largest big-data environments in the Baltics where we personalize offers for 40 million consumers on a daily basis for the clients in the Baltics, USA, Central, South America, and the Caribbean.
About the team and the role:
We do advanced solutions, and we’re expanding. Data Lake team specializes in projects related to data preparation, transformation, and aggregation in a large data scale.
What do we do?
Our main challenge is to solve real business problems for our clients, leveraging Hadoop stack and cloud solutions such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, in addition to core data warehousing tools and other big data related technologies.
We use common data architecture practices to architect, design, and develop data/analytic platforms (e.g., data lakes, data warehouses,) that are used to produce analytic products, like reports, dashboards, ML models, etc.
We’re looking for motivated, collaborative individuals who are passionate about technology and driven to get things done, and someone who embraces a continuous learner mindset.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work with a team of engineers and developers to deliver against the overall technology data strategy.
- Responsible for design and development of applications on Big data platform. You will perform various development tasks and build and optimize data flows/pipelines. Some data modeling work may be required.
- Research, analyze, and recommend technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems.
- Keep learning big data technologies and continuously optimize products and services.
We hope you have:
- Experience in big data pipeline development including batch and streaming processing.
- Tools: Spark, S3, Glue, Athena, EMR, VPC, CloudWatch, or alternatively ADLS, Azure Synapse Analytics, Data Factory.
- Languages: SQL, Python.
- Willingness to accept challenges and quick response against incidents.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices and drive to ship quickly.
Bonus points if you have:
- Advanced Experience in big data product development is a plus, including data warehouse, query platform, streaming, etc.
- Optional tools: RedShift, QuickSite, Snowflake, PowerBI.
- Optional languages: Java, Scala, C#.
- Have data processing skills, e.g. with tools like HIVE/Impala.
- Diverse and exciting challenges.
- All the support that you need from our experienced team to become an even better professional.
- Participation in company’s stock options program.
- Personal learning budget (2000 Eur/year).
- Every second Friday free time dedicated to learning.
- Quarterly team-building events.
- And the most important thing – super smart & great team!
Salary for this position – from 3636 EUR to 5289 EUR Gross.
Let’s have a talk over a cup of coffee! :)
Send an email with your LinkedIn profile or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.