Exacaster is looking for a Big Data Engineer for our Data Lake team.
We operate one of the largest big-data environments in the Baltics where we personalize offers for 40 million consumers on a daily basis for clients in the Baltics, USA, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.
About the team and the role:
The Data Lake team specializes in projects related to data preparation, transformation, and aggregation on a large data scale.
Our main challenge is to solve real business problems for our clients, leveraging Hadoop stack and cloud solutions such as AWS and Microsoft Azure, in addition to core data warehousing tools and other big data related technologies.
We use common data architecture practices to architect, design, and develop data/analytic platforms (e.g., data lakes, data warehouses) that are used to produce analytic products like reports, dashboards, ML models, etc.
We’re looking for motivated, collaborative individuals who are passionate about technology and driven to get things done, and who embrace a continuous learner mindset.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work with a team of engineers and developers to deliver against an overall technology data strategy.
- Responsible for the design and development of applications on a big data platform. You will perform various development tasks and build and optimize data flows/pipelines. Some data modeling work may be required.
- Research, analyze, and recommend technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems.
- Keep learning big data technologies and continuously optimize products and services.
We hope you have:
- Experience in big data pipeline development including batch and streaming processing.
- Experience in AWS.
- Familiarity with big data components like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Spark streaming, Flink, Presto, Hbase, Kafka, Zookeeper, Airflow, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- A team-working and analytical mind, are optimistic, willing to accept challenges and a quick response against incidents.
- AWS certifications or other related professional technical certifications.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices and the drive to ship quickly.
Bonus points if you have:
- Advanced experience in big data product development, including data warehouse, query platform, streaming, etc.
- Data processing skills, e.g. with tools like HIVE/Impala.
- Diverse and exciting challenges.
- All the support you need from our experienced team to become an even better professional.
- Every second Friday, free time dedicated to learning.
- A cozy office in the heart of Vilnius.
- And the most important thing – a super-smart and great team!
Salary for this position: from 3636 EUR to 5289 EUR Gross.
Let’s have a talk over a cup of coffee! :) Send an email with your LinkedIn profile or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.